Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Me and the Prime Minister

So here's the lowdown. I was at the Canada vs. Finland World Hockey Championship Game in Halifax last week, and who do I notice sitting two sections over. Non other than Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and Nova Scotia Premier Rodney MacDonald. A friend and I (who happened to have more than a few beers into us) decided to go over to greet our nation's leader. The original plan was to be a bit of a smart ass and say something stupid, but when I entered his presence I chickened out. I did however give him a 'cool guy' handshake, which seemed to surprise him. He then gazed deep into my soul with his wolf like blue eyes and asked me where I was from. Meeting famous people is hilarious, mainly because it's unexpected. It was a cool experience, but I hope to meet more famous people in the near future or possibly by the end of the month.

0 comments: